Carson Long Military Academy is committed to socioeconomic diversity in the Corps of Cadets.
As such, we are happy to offer financial aid to those families who qualify. Please take a few moments to explore the following:
- Financial Aid Process: how it works at Carson Long.
- Financial Aid Tiers: understand how much aid is available to new student families.
- SSS by NAIS: the industry standard in financial aid applicaiton
- Logging In: Find out how to get started by creating a username and password on SSS.
- Webinars: SSS by NAIS is committed to great educational about their products and financial aid process.
- Documents for the PFS: Review this to understand what documents Carson Long requires for a financial aid decision.
- PFS Workbook: Yet another great resource to help you complete your PFS accurately. Ensure that you get the most out of your financial aid application.
- Financial Aid is available at Carson Long Military Academy to promote socio-economic diversity among the Corps of Cadets and to make Carson Long Military Academy an inclusive and diverse educational community.
- Financial Aid at Carson Long is allocated through a committee of school leaders, including:
- President & CEO
- Vice President, Administration and Finance
- Director, Advancement & Alumni Relations
- Business Manager
- Director, Admissions & Financial Aid
- The Financial Aid Committee analyzes complete Form 1040s from the two previous tax years. The Committee requires complete submission of Schedules A, B, and C of the forms.
- The Financial Aid Committee also requests authorization to obtain a consumer credit report for each family that applies for Financial Aid.
- Carson Long Military Academy is fortunate to receive financial support from alumni, their families, and friends in the form of merit, leadership, and academic-based scholarships that ENROLLED students are eligible to receive each year. Carson Long faculty and staff vote to allocate the scholarships each year to students who meet the criteria that is established or each scholarship.
- In order to apply for Financial Aid, please click on the SSS box below, to create a username and password and get signed up.
Carson Long is committed to socio-economic diversity among the Corps of Cadets. Financial Aid at Carson Long functions as a discount, meaning the amount of the award is subtracted from the total financial obligation.
With that in mind, the Academy is happy to offer financial aid to qualified families in the following tiers:
Tier 1: $7,500 award
Tier 2: $5,000 award
Tier 3: $2,500 award
Tier 4: $1,000 award
Financial Aid is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. In order to be considered for maximum financial aid, you must complete a PFS from SSS and apply early! The earlier a completed application for Admissions and Financial Aid are submitted, the more likely a family will receive an award!
CLICK HERE for more information about logging into SSS, by SSS.
SSS by NAIS hosts a series of webinars each month to answer your questions about SSS and affording a private education.
CLICK HERE to join a webinar today!
Carson Long requires complete tax returns, Form 1040, from 2014 and 2015 tax years, including all applicable schedules.
CLICK HERE to learn about document and upload requirements and tips from SSS.
CLICK HERE for a step by step guide for completing your PFS.